SMALL BUSINESS IN WISCONSIN
Quick Facts & Figures
• There are 441,093 small businesses operating in Wisconsin.
• Wisconsin’s small businesses employ over 1.2 million citizens.
• Small businesses make up 97.7% of all employers in Wisconsin.
• In 2012, Wisconsin’s small businesses created 27,642 jobs.
• In 2013, 9,874 small business establishments opened in Wisconsin.
• Small businesses generate over 25% of Wisconsin’s total export value.
• The three Wisconsin industries with the most small business employment are manufacturing, health care and accommodation & food services.